First 2 days
This route wastes no time in kicking your ass, or in giving you some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable. Day 1 took me from Banff to a campground at Lake Kananaskis. The elevation profile didn't show any big climbs, so I thought things would be easy. Instead the route gives you 100 ft up. 40 ft down 200 ft up, 300 ft down. There was almost never a minute I was not climbing or descending, and some of the climbs were brutally steep and rocky. Some sections of Elk Pass, which I climbed first thing this morning were too steep to ride and I had to push at various points for about a mile total. Tonight I am camping at a primitive campground about 5 miles north of Round Prairie, Alberta. Not much else to say. Below are a bunch of pictures.

























Beautiful! I love being able to see what you are experiencing. Have fun!
ReplyDelete