Days 16 & 17

Elkhorn Lodge to primitive campground at Medicine Creek and Medicine Creek to a rv campground in Lima, Mt.

These two days included the first stretch of really desolate landscape. I covered about 20 miles of it late the 1st day and the remainder the 2nd day.  Camping at Medicine Creek I didn't see another human or vehicle for about 15 hours. The 2nd day I saw only about 5 vehicles (most of which where forestry dept rangers) until I popped out into civilization about 8 miles north of Lima.

Breakfast at the Elkhorn lodge:

At the turnoff to Bannack (ghost town and former capital of Mt):

Silly big dog belonging to some Bannack visitors:


Old Bannack road, south of Bannack:


No people but lots of cows (they all meander out of the way as I approach):


Next day the sagebrush gave way to a wonderful 10 mile or so gradual descent through a canyon that I wish I took way more photos of.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Days 18 to 23

Days 41 to 44

Days 27 to 30